Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Greetings from Daytona Beach!


I’M HERE!! I just arrived in Daytona Beach this afternoon. After a few days visiting family in St. Simons, Georgia and Inverness, Florida, my dad and I drove to Daytona this morning. You may have heard about all of the rain Daytona has gotten lately—more than 20 inches this storm!—but God has blessed this first day of project with nothing but sunny skies :) I’ve met a few other project students so far. They are super nice and super southern—I can’t wait to do ministry alongside them (and kind of hope that smooth southern drawl will rub off on me… ;) ) It’s pretty funny…I’m with so many students from South Carolina that I have to explain that I go to “the other USC”—but wait, we were the original!! Here are a few photos from the past few days with my dad as well as a couple of my new surroundings! Please be praying for the relational foundations that are being laid these first few days of project, for my job hunt (happening this week!), and for all of our hearts to be radically inspired for God’s work this summer. I can’t wait to share stories as they happen…look forward to an introduction to my roommates in my next post!!



Starbucks breakfast in hand and travel-ready sweatshirt from "the real USC"...there's something about LAX at 7am :)


The Cloister Hotel at St. Simons, GA

my dad and i got to spend a couple of days with this cool man... his favorite uncle and tourguide extraordinaire...Uncle Jerry

The Cloister Hotel hosted the G8 Summit of world leaders in 2008...

I got to sit in President Bush's chair from the summit...so cool!

and.....my first photo from summer project! here i am in front of my home for the summer, the el caribe resort in daytona beach!

this is the best. check out the view from my room...it's awesome. i'm living on the top floor in the corner and our room is spectacular :)

this is my balcony, the future place of phone calls, quiet time, sunrise watching, praying, reading, painting, etc... i can't wait to enjoy this spot!

our kitchen

our room! i'll be sleeping in the spot closest to the window...and closest to the air conditioner...i take after my dad, apparently!

i think that's it for now...i'm excited to share about my roomies in my next post. they are great and we have so much in common already! look forward to a later introduction to my "family" group. we met tonight for the first time to share all about what God has been doing in our lives recently. there was instant trust and focus among us. we ended with a really powerful time of prayer together...i can't believe it was only our first night! i am so encouraged by all of these people and can't wait to write all about them. they are awesome! until next time, greetings from Daytona Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment